The iRobot Braava jet 240 is the small model of the iRobot mop robot. It is designed to clean approximately 25m2. We have done the test and tell you all about this little robot that will free you hours of cleaning. You have understood it, we are not talking about a vacuum cleaner and scrubber, but a robot specialist floor scrubber, floor sprayer. We’re talking about a stand-alone mop robot, and we recommend it to you.
Features of the Braava jet 240 mop vacuum cleaner and mop sprayer
- Small size 17x17,8x8,4 cm and 1,2 kgs with battery
- Water spray jet for washing purposes
- 3 modes of operation: dry cleaning, wet sweeping and washing
- Automatic detection of the cleaning mode according to the wipe
- Button for ejecting the dirty wipe without touching it
- Virtual wall mode to delimit a room. It avoids carpets.
- iAdapt 2.0 technology to map rooms, so you don't have to go through the same places again.
- Always moves to the right
- Vibratory cleaning head
- Disposable wipes or washable wipes (reusable)
The Braava jet 240 is compact and fits very well in corners and tight spaces. It is started by pressing the ignition button, then you can either start it by pressing the button again or by using the application. This standalone mop vacuum cleaner robot works in bluetooth so the range is short.
To add a wall, you just have to do it from the mobile application it’s extremely easy and it allows you to make only the room you want even if it doesn’t have a door. It’s very practical for open kitchens for example.
To make it work, just fill the tank, put a wipe on and off you go. It works for about 1 hour without touching it. It can make the equivalent of a room of about 50m2 (tested surface including: a kitchen, a dining room, a living room and an entrance) and comes back to its starting point or almost (we found it really very close to its starting point each time: 1 to 2 cm next to it).
The floor is clean and the wipe is dirty so it did the work (the floor was not dirty : washed once a week before using this robot) and has been doing it every day for a week. In short, it does the job, it washes the floor of the house well.
We have tested the irobot Braava Jet 240 floor scrubber.
Advantages of the iRobot Braava Jet 240 floor scrubber robot
- The irobot Braava jet 240 is really quiet, you can put it on even at night.
- It has a very good autonomy and can wash a large room in one go.
- 3 different washing modes
- Washable wipes keep the wipes longer (50 times according to iRobot)
- Washes very well
Disadvantages of the iRobot Braava Jet 240 floor scrubber robot
- Is not programmable, it has to be thrown by hand.
- No household product can be put in the tank (only water).
- Does not charge itself (no base but a charger for the battery)
- The wipes are not given (the washable ones are still more economical) it’s better to buy them on Amazon than on the iRobot website.
Reusable wash cloths for iRobot Braava Jet 240
The wipes for the iRobot Braava Jet 240 mop robot can be reused several times. Buy a set of two wipes easily here, and have them delivered very quickly.
The blue washable wipes allow 50 washes each with an intense jet.
- Official accessory iRobot Braava jet
- Box of 2 cleaning wipes
- 50 washes per reusable wipe
- No detergents, cleaning is done on hard floors with water only.
- Intense jet.
The disposable orange wipes allow 1 wash with a more moderate spray.
- Each wipe contains three layers
- rubbing layer to dissolve stains
- absorbent layer that will not leave water marks
- absorbent core that will keep the water dirty
- Can be used on hard floors with double passage.
- Can be used on parquet, stone, tiles
- Box of 2 cleaning wipes
- 1 wash per disposable wipe
- Moderate jet.
We recommend having both. You take the blue wipes when you need to thoroughly clean your floor, and the rest of the year you use the orange wipes. They are suitable for this model of floor scrubbing robot mop.